Biography – Research students
I have directed or co-directed the theses of 15 students
I give below their names, the date of their thesis defense and their subsequent situation:
- Georges Alecian 1976 (3rd cycle) then 1981 (State doctorate) : emeritus director of research at the CNRS.
- Luc Tiennot 1984: professor
- Eric Morvan 1986 (co-director): professor
- Edouard Siregar 1988 (co-director): professor
- Corinne Charbonnel 1992 : professor at the Geneva Observatory.
- Yves Gaigé 1994 : research engineer.
- Olivier Richard 1999: teacher-researcher at the University of Montpellier
- José Dias do Nascimento Jr. 1999 (co-direction): professor in Brazil
- Sylvie Théado: 2002: professor
- Michael Bazot, 2005: researcher
- Matthieu Castro, 2006: professor in Brazil
- Marion Laymand, 2008: engineer
- Mélanie Soriano, 2009: left research
- Maria-Eliana Escobar-Munoz, 2013: CONICYT (Comision Nacional de Investigacion Cientifica y Technologica), Chile
- Morgan Deal, 2016 (co-director): researcher at the astronomy center of the University of Porto
Since the beginning of my career, I have served on about 90 thesis juries including postgraduate theses, state theses, university theses and Habilitation theses, and I have often chaired them. Many of these former students now have positions of responsibility in the discipline.
Six of my former students, during the Roscoff 2013 conference:
Morgan Deal, Olivier Richard, Michael Bazot, Georges Alecian, José Dias do Nascimento, Matthieu Castro.